The IDEC Innovative Teaching Ideas initiative provides opportunities for educators to find inspiration and integrate new methodologies and content in their teaching. Innovative Teaching Ideas are examples of Interior Design projects, assignments or other planned learning activities, developed and facilitated by an Interior Design educator that advance creativity and effectiveness in teaching and learning in Interior Design. This initiative also offers educators the opportunity to share their teaching ideas in a peer-reviewed process that may be supportive of tenure and promotion.
The Innovative Teaching Ideas Coordinator administers and facilitates the annual Innovative Teaching Ideas Collection.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Participate in quarterly Teaching Collaborative meetings facilitated by the Teaching Collaborative Coordinator and, if applicable, attend the Teaching Collaborative meeting during the annual IDEC conference.
- Update the annual call for proposals and evaluation rubric.
- Manage the schedule for proposal submittals;.
- Facilitate a double-blind peer review process.
- Notify authors of acceptance and providing format guidelines.
- Communicate with IDEC to oversee the dissemination of the annual collection on the website.
- Submit an annual report of activities to the Director of the Teaching Collaborative, and, when appropriate, submitting a proposed budget for new/ongoing activities
This is a two year appointment. The person in this position may be reappointed by the IDEC Board for two consecutive terms.
Interested candidates should complete the Call for Volunteers form.