2022 Regional Conferences
The Interior Design Educators Council (IDEC) invites educators from around the globe to submit abstracts that explore the foundations of interior design, its teaching, and scholarship. Abstracts are double blind reviewed by qualified reviewers who provide recommendations for accepted presentations at the 2022 IDEC Regional Conferences.
Authors are encouraged to submit scholarly and creative abstracts that celebrate the discipline of interior design in its many facets: pedagogy, history, theory, practice, interdisciplinary collaboration, and any other topic of current and/or continuing relevance to interior design. Several abstract formats will be considered for presentation, and many methods of inquiry are invited. All submissions are expected to be original research or ideas that have not been presented previously at other scholarly venues, including previous IDEC regional and national conferences.
DEADLINES AND SCHEDULE
- June 3: Abstracts received no later than 11:59 Pacific Standard Time
- July 15: Accepted abstracts notified
- July 22: Deadline to confirm accepted presentation
REGIONAL CONFERENCE DATES/LOCATIONS
- South: September 29-30 (Converse University, Spartanburg, SC)
- Pacific West: October 7 (Virtual)
- East: October 13-14 (NY School of Interior Design, New York, NY)
- Midwest: October 20-21 (Columbia College, Chicago, IL)
- Southwest: November 10-11 (Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX)
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO CLICK INTO THE SPECIFIC REGION FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE THEMES
2022 Regional Business Meetings
2021 Regional Business Meetings