The Partners in Education Award recognizes and honors significant contributions to IDEC and/or interior design education by any entity (e.g., design firm, industry, organization, institution) or individual at an international, national, and/or regional level. Any IDEC member or non-member can nominate an individual or entity for the IDEC Partners in Education Award. Candidates may self-nominate.
All entities or individuals are eligible:
- Contributions to IDEC
- Including but not limited to: support for regional or annual conferences, The Journal of Interior Design, etc.
- Contributions to interior design education
- Including but not limited to: providing product and design literature to school, sample design problems for students, student scholarships, including support for research and grants for educators and interior design program development.
- Any IDEC member or non-member can nominate an individual or entity for the IDEC Partners in Education Award. Candidates may self-nominate.
Each nomination shall contain the following information:
- Nomination Letter: The nominator must submit a nomination letter (not to exceed 500 words) that addresses one or more of the following criteria:
- Significant contributions to IDEC
- Significant contributions to interior design education
- Support References: Submit the names of three references. Please note that only references from the top 3 finalists will be contacted to submit letters of support.
- All submission documents should be uploaded as a single PDF file.
Nominations are due by Friday, October 22, 2021. Click here to submit your nomination
The Awards Committee (made up of selected participants and previous awardees knowledgeable in the area of submission) will review all submissions and present their final award nominees to the IDEC Board of Directors for approval and ratification. Award winners will be publicly celebrated at the annual conference and will be announced to the full international IDEC community.
- 2021 – Donghia Foundation
- 2020 – Autodesk Technology Centers
- 2013 – Jeffrey Kenney Executive Director, NCIDQ
- 2012 – Jeannie Bochette
- 2011 – Michael Alin Executive Director of ASID
- 2011 – NCIDQ