The Partners in Education Award recognizes and honors significant contributions to IDEC and/or interior design education by any entity (e.g., design firm, industry, organization, institution) or individual at an international, national, and/or regional level. Any IDEC member in good standing can nominate an individual or entity for the IDEC Partners in Education Award.
Both IDEC members and non-members are eligible for this award. All entities or individuals are eligible:
- Contributions to IDEC
- Including but not limited to: support for regional or annual conferences, The Journal of Interior Design, etc.
- Contributions to interior design education
- Including but not limited to: providing product and design literature to school, sample design problems for students, student scholarships, including support for research and grants for educators and interior design program development.
Each nomination shall contain the following information:
- Nomination Letter: The nominator must submit a nomination letter (not to exceed 500 words) that addresses one or more of the following criteria:
- Significant contributions to IDEC
- Significant contributions to interior design education
- Letter of reference: Submit one letter of reference. Nominators are not eligible to serve as the reference.
- Supporting Documentation: The nominee may provide up to 5 pages of supporting documentation (e.g., publications, press, photographic evidence etc.)
- All submission documents should be uploaded as a single PDF file.
A jury of selected participants knowledgeable in the area of submission and previous awardees will review all nominations and evaluate based on a common rubric. Award winners will be publicly celebrated at the annual conference and will be announced to the full international IDEC community.
Service Commitment to Continued Excellence:
Please note awardees will be asked to maintain a service commitment to this award for two years following the award acceptance. This service ensures sustained knowledge and excellence in the review process. Willingness to participate will be requested prior to the subsequent year’s awards review.
- 2021 – Donghia Foundation
- 2020 – Autodesk Technology Centers
- 2013 – Jeffrey Kenney Executive Director, NCIDQ
- 2012 – Jeannie Bochette
- 2011 – Michael Alin Executive Director of ASID
- 2011 – NCIDQ
Nominations are due December 1, 2023. Click here to submit your nomination