Award(s) are given for recognition of the content of an outstanding media piece that exhibits excellence in addressing issues of the discipline of interior design including practice, research, theory, and education. Media includes such products as websites, films or digital presentations of one hour in length (minimum), printed media that would not be considered for the IDEC Book Award, etc. Anyone in good standing can nominate an individual or entity for the IDEC Media Award.
- Author(s) do not need to be IDEC members
- Author(s) may be from anywhere in the world
- Publisher-nominated, self-nominated, or other nominated
- Published within the last five years
Each nomination shall contain the following information:
- Nomination Letter: The nominator must submit a nomination letter (not to exceed 500 words) that describes the significance and impact of the media.
- Letter of reference: Submit one letter of reference. Nominators are not eligible to serve as the reference.
- Documentation: Submit the URL (if applicable) and/or one electronic copy of the media with the nomination.
- Nominee CV(s)
- All submission documents should be uploaded as a single PDF file.
A jury of selected participants knowledgeable in the area of submission and previous awardees will review all nominations and evaluate based on a common rubric. Award winners will be publicly celebrated at the annual conference and will be announced to the full international IDEC community.
Service Commitment to Continued Excellence
Please note awardees will be asked to maintain a service commitment to this award for two years following the award acceptance. This service ensures sustained knowledge and excellence in the review process. Willingness to participate will be requested prior to the subsequent year’s awards review.
- 2023 – Gregory Luhan, Texas A&M and Rebekah Radtke, University of Kentucky, Global Studio
- 2022 – Michael Schwarz, Ann Mayle, and Carl Matthews, Put the Hot Back in Hot Springs: A Micro Documentary Featuring Preservation and Adaptive Use Design
- 2021 – Johannes Knoops, Fashion Institute of Technology, In Search of Aldus Pius Manutius
- 2020 – Kristi Gaines, Charles Klein, Lori Guerrero, Sahand Abbasi, OLE! Inspector Guide
- 2019 – Stephanie Zollinger, The Jack Lenor Larsen Oral History Project
- 2018 – Rebekah Radtke, Reimagining Living and Learning Spaces on Campus
- 2017 – Jill Pable, Design Resources for Homelessness
- 2016 – Jessica Senne and Jonathan Fahnestock, A Conversation with Architect Ralph Fournier
Nominations are due December 1, 2023. Click here to submit your nomination.