The Institutional Innovation Award recognizes and honors significant and sustained contributions to interior design education and/or the interior design profession by an educational entity (e.g., program, department, college, office, university) at a national and/or regional level. Any IDEC member in good standing can nominate or be nominated for an Institutional Innovation Award.
- Nominator must be IDEC member in good standing in any category of membership
- Nominee(s) must be IDEC member in good standing in any category of membership
- Nominee(s) may be from anywhere in the world
- Candidates can self-nominate.
Each nomination shall contain the following information:
- Nomination Letter: The nominator must submit a nomination letter (not to exceed 750 words) that outlines significant contributions to innovation in interior design education including noteworthy accomplishments (e.g., curricular innovation, social initiatives, industry impact).
- Letter of reference: Submit one letter of reference. Nominators are not eligible to serve as the reference.
- Supporting Documentation: The nominee may provide up to 5 pages of supporting documentation (e.g., publications, press, photographic evidence, project information etc.)
- Nominee CV(s)
- All submission documents should be uploaded as a single PDF file.
A jury of selected participants knowledgeable in the area of submission and previous awardees will review all nominations and evaluate based on a common rubric. Award winners will be publicly celebrated at the annual conference and will be announced to the full international IDEC community.
Service Commitment to Continued Excellence
Please note awardees will be asked to maintain a service commitment to this award for two years following the award acceptance. This service ensures sustained knowledge and excellence in the review process. Willingness to participate will be requested prior to the subsequent year’s awards review.
- 2017 – The Architectural Studies Graduate Program
- 2015 – University of Florida
Nominations are due by Friday, November 3. Click here to submit your nomination