Department of Interior Architecture and Built Environment
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor Position
Date posted: 5/03/21
The Department of Interior Architecture and Built Environment at Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea seeks applicants for a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor. The candidates with a Ph.D. degree in Interior Architecture, Interior Design, Architecture, or relevant field are highly encouraged to apply for this position. Extensive research, design, teaching experience and an understanding of curriculum focused on interior architecutre is desired. The candidates should demonstrate the studio teaching capabilities for the first, second, third, and fourth year students in Interior Architecture and Built Environment.
The position will begin on March 1, 2022.
The Department of Interior Architecture and Built Environment at Yonse University is the top-ranked program in Korea. We are seeking candidates who have an agenda of scholarly research and creative work with commitment to professional, scholarly, and teaching excellence.
The department offers undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral programs for both domestic and international students. As a tenure track faculty member, candidates will teach undergraduate and graduate-level studio courses and lecture/seminar courses; mentor graduate thesis or dissertation research, and be an active presence in the department, and relevant scholarly organizations.
- Ph.D. degree in Interior Architecutre, Interior Design, Architecutre, or relevant field. The degree must be conferred by March 1st, 2022.
- At least one peer-reviewed scholarly journal article published in one of the SSCI, SCIE, or A&HCI indexed journals
Required Documents for the Application:
*Required Documents by 6 p.m. July 7th (W), Korea Standard Time-KST
- All applicants should submit the documents below.
- Application form including the list of research outcomes and CV
- Certificate of Doctoral Degree
- Academic transcript to show the date of degree conferred
- Doctoral dissertation
- A copy of five representative research outcomes since March 1st, 2017
- Completed the summary form of representative research outcomes (Provided by Yonsei)
Only for those who pass the 1st review will submit the documents below.
- Original academic transcript with the date of degree conferred
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of the entire research outcomes since March 1st, 2017
Important date for the application
All materials for should be mailed between June 2nd and July 7th, 2021 (Korean Standard Time).
Review of application will begin July 14th, 2021
To apply, please click on the following link: https://faculty.yonsei.ac.kr/recruit/index.php?mid=K02&lang=en
For more information, please contact
Dr. Hokyun Lim
Chair, Department of Interior Architecutre and Built Environment
College of Human Ecology, Yonsei University
Yoseiro 50, Seodaemungu, Seoul, Korea
The Department of Interior Architecture and Built Environment at Yonsei has a rich academic tradition with an open-minded setting that supports diverse intellectual approaches. Yonsei University is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We look forward to your application.