Date Posted: 02/25/2021
Assistant Teaching Professor – Interior Design
The University of Southern Mississippi
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please include cover letter, CV/resume, transcripts, teaching philosophy and contact information for three references. In addition, please submit a single PDF portfolio of your professional design work along with examples of your teaching portfolio. Click here to apply.
Full-time, 9-month, non-tenure track, Assistant Teaching Professor in the Interior Design Program within the School of Construction and Design. The expected start date will be August 2021.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching four undergraduate courses per semester (studio and lecture)
- Maintain regular office hours (4-days a week)
- Advise undergraduate students
- Participate in service opportunities (program, school, college, university and/or community)
- Attend faculty meetings
- Provide end of the semester course assessment data
- Participate in; School functions and student related organizations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Terminal degree in Interior Design or related fields
- Meets CIDQ eligibility requirements with plans to pass all sections of the CIDQ before the 2023 CIDA visit
- Experience in professional design practice
- Prior teaching experience
- Professional Certification: NCIDQ
- Other Certifications: LEED, WELL
- Familiarity with CIDA accreditation guidelines and processes
- Knowledge of industry specific software: Autodesk products (Revit, AutoCAD), Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up
Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially with students, staff, and faculty from diverse backgrounds, programs and colleges
About The University of Southern Mississippi
The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) is a comprehensive public research institution delivering transformative programs on campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach, at teaching and research sites in central and southern Mississippi, as well as online. Founded in 1910, USM is one of only 130 universities in the nation to earn the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education’s “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity” designation, and its robust research enterprise includes experts in ocean science and engineering, polymer science and engineering, and sport venue safety and security, among others. USM is also one of only 40 institutions in the nation accredited in theatre, art and design, dance and music. As an economic driver, USM generates an annual economic impact of more than $600 million across the state. USM welcomes a diverse student body of approximately 15,000, representing 71 countries, all 50 states, and every county in Mississippi. USM students have collected four Truman Scholarships and 36 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships, while also leading Mississippi with 24 Goldwater Scholarships, an honor that recognizes the next generation of great research scientists. Home to the Golden Eagles, USM competes in 17 Division I sports sponsored by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). For more information, visit www.usm.edu.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer/Americans with Disabilities Act institution, The University of Southern Mississippi encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
|The University of Southern Mississippi
|118 College Dr. #5138
Hattiesburg, MS 39406